Confess. Pray. Repent.
Reading: Isaiah 59:1-8
“Surely the arm of the LORD is not too short to save, nor his ear too dull to hear. But your iniquities have separated you from your God; your sins have hidden his face from you, so that he will not hear.”
The Lord is not incapable. The Lord is not deaf. So, stop wondering why your prayers are not being heard or needs being met or your situations not changing.
The Lord CAN save and the Lord DOES hear. We are the problem.
Confess your sins and transgressions to Him.
Pray (speak) to the Lord about it.
Repent (as in stop and turn away) from the sins, the wrong, the mess that led you here in the first place.
Please reflect on the reading and the verse above in particular.
if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14
God made this promise in the Old Testament, but it applies to Christians today as well! Let’s see how.
- My people who are called by my name – that’s all of us Christians (called by His name which is Christ – we are Christians because we are “in Christ”)
- Humble themselves – God will not hear us or acknowledge us if we don’t come before Him in humility
- Pray – We have to talk to Him
- Seek my face – We have to earnestly and genuinely seek the Lord through prayer and reading the Bible
- Turn from their wicked ways – Don’t expect God to hear you if you are living in sin or constantly doing things that displeases God
- Then I will hear from heaven – If we do all of the above, God promises to hear our prayers
- Will forgive their sin – God promises that He WILL forgive our sins
- Will heal their land – God was speaking to the Israelites in the Old Testament and was specifically addressing the farmers and assuring them that He would send rain and heal their land. If you think about it, when we sin, our hearts/minds are in a drought and parched without God’s love and care to nurture us! It’s the same as a farmers land that does not get water and has dried up and useless! In the same way, our hearts, minds and lives are depraved and scorched when we sin against God and drift away from Him! But, if we turn to Him and do all that He asks us to do, He promises to “heal our lands”, that is, to restore us to a right and blessed relationship with Him!
I pray this has been an encouragement to you as you struggle with sin and feel like you are separated from God and feel like you have messed up big time and beyond God’s love, grace and compassion!
It’s simply not true! Jesus still loves you.
All you need to do is confess your sins to the Lord, pray and seek His face and repent and turn from those things you say/do, that is against God!
It’s your call.
God bless you all.Thank Sri 🙂