I would like you to reflect on the questions below. Don’t just glance over them.
- Do you have both your arms and legs?
- Can you sit, stand, walk and run?
- Can you see from both your eyes?
- Can you hear from both your ears?
- Can you open your mouth and speak to people?
- Can you laugh?
- Can you cry?
- Can you think (of anything)?
- Can you imagine (say, a pink elephant)?
- Do you have a place to call “home” (no matter if its rented or owned)?
- Do you have food to eat?
- Do you have clothes to wear?
- Do you have money (just some of it) to meet your needs and wants?
- Did you wake up this morning? (obviously, else you would not be reading this!)
I could go on and on and God willing, by now, you would have gotten the point I am trying to make. For every question you answered yes to, at this very moment, there is someone struggling, their heart despairing, because they cannot do what you just said yes to.
If you don’t know this already, say it out loud (with conviction!): I AM BLESSED, FORTUNATE TO HAVE ALL OF THE ABOVE!
If you haven’t already, thank God for what He has blessed you with.
For even now, as you are reading this blog, there are millions who can’t say yes to many of the questions above.
I was just walking across to get some lunch and was walking back to the office when I saw this man, walking around, carrying a bag and holding on to something in his hand. I quickly realized that he was going door to door, trying to sell something and earn a living.
I doubt that many of us have to do this to make ends meet.
This man may well be better off than many others out there, but it made me sad.
It made me sad that I still winge and complain about things I don’t have or something or the other, when what I should be doing is praising God for all of the above and the other countless blessings I have in my life.
“For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.” Psalm 139:13-14
Are you grateful today? Are you thankful today? Have you thanked God today?
If you haven’t, perhaps its time you did and lived a grateful and thankful life everyday.
God bless you all.
SriThank Sri 🙂