Are you a true disciple of Jesus? How can we tell? In this episode, I share seven points that distinguish a true disciple of Christ from so-called Christians.
If you have any questions about anything I have shared OR if you would like to know more about Jesus, please contact me, and I’ll get back to you as soon as I can. ??
- A true disciple is one who believes in Christ, confessing Him ALONE as Saviour and Lord (John 3:16, John 6:44, John 14:6).
- A true disciple is one in whom the Holy Spirit dwells (John 14:16-17, John 15:26) and His fruits are evident (Galatians 5:22-23).
- A true disciple is one who always reflects Christ by bearing good fruit (Matthew 7:17-18), being obedient to Christ’s commands (John 14:15) and dependent on Jesus to do everything (John 15:5).
- A true disciple is one who denies self and follows Christ daily (Matthew 16:24).
- A true disciple is one who belongs to Christ and is hated by the world (John 15:18-19).
- A true disciple is one who doesn’t just know Christ, but more importantly, is also known by Him (Matthew 7:21-23).
- A true disciple is one who endures to the very end in Christ and for Christ (Matthew 24:4-13).